Identify a process that exists within the company that is a source of frustration and confusion.
Name and link the process in the Process Map.
Remember – the owner doesn’t necessarily need to do the training or Q/A. The owner is accountable for making sure the training and Q/A happen.
Determine who should own the process and add their name to the Process Map.
Document the QA protocol for that particular process. How will they make sure that the process is being correctly?
Talk to the person and decide on the checki-in by date. Remember to add it to the Process Map.
Employee onboarding process
- Duplicate this template in the project management system with the new hire’s name.
- Assign dates and accountabilities to ALL tasks below.
BEFORE FIRST DAY
- Send new hire the “Information about the company” Document
- Introduce to bookkeeper to set up their payment
- Save new hire’s information: phone number, Skype account, personal email.
- Schedule a time for the new hire and their manager to walk through the training plan.
- Set up the new hire’s company email
- Using their company email address, give the new hire access to our project management system and any other credentials they might need.
- Discuss role, goals and projects with their manager.
- Welcome to the team
- Train new hire on our principles
- Assign training material
- Assign a mentor
- Discuss expectations and weekly KPIs
- Assign new hire their first project
- Get approval from their mentor on the project once completed
- Add new hire to any necessary meetings
- Discuss with new hire their Quarterly Priority
Quality assurance - Employee onboarding
- There’s an email set up for the new hire
- Payment is set up
- They are added to the project management system
- We saved their information
- They’re part of all necessary meetings
- Check in with the new hire to ensure they have a clear understanding of their Weekly KPI’s, Quarterly Priorities and responsibilities.