If you're a manager:
Go through each role in your department and establish "Do we have F.I.T. in this role?"
- Does this person align with all of our principles?
- Is this person enthusiastic about our purpose?
- Is this person interested in their role?
- Does this person have the natural talent to succeed in their role?
If the person has E.I.T, congratulations, keep cultivating it! If they don't, what next steps make sense? Consider these...
- For misaligned principles or purpose: Give them feedback on how they could be
living the principles and purpose more robustly.
- For lacking interest: Ask them what about their role they don’t enjoy doing.
Consider changing certain roles and responsibilities.
- For lacking natural talent: Consider changing their role or responsibilities.
Just remember – apply the discipline and cultivate F.I.T!